Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer classes have made me a busy man and thus I have not posted in quite a while. The marketing capstone class is not as bad as I had envisioned but it still keeps me on my toes. Graduation is closing in...only a month and a half of college courses until I get that fancy piece of paper that says I'm a person of "higher learning". Joy.

Even though I haven't graduated yet, after multiple interviews and constant phone calls back and forth I landed a salary position at Humana. Start date is July 7th. Soon my life as a true yuppie will begin. I suppose I'll develop an addiction to coffee and start buying useless trinkets to adorn my apartment that reflect me as a person. The catalog scene in Fight Club comes to mind. The excess disposable income will be a welcome change though. Never in my life have I been blessed with money that I can throw anywhere I want just for my amusement. The only downside to all this is that I'll actually have to do "real" work. Hopefully my life doesn't spiral downward into a constant Office Space scenario.

One of the funniest lines in Office Space: "I'm gonna show her my O-face. Oh, oh, oh! You know what I'm talkin' about."

No comments: