Monday, March 3, 2008

Let's go where the raptor goes...

Ah, weekends. You're always so nice when you're around, but you always leave the party too soon.

This weekend consisted of more drinking than usual. Enough that I was hungover both Saturday and Sunday morning, but not so much that I did anything stupid that requires apologies.

Friday I got a text from Adam at like 10 pm saying something to the effect of, "A few friends of mine are coming over for a few drinks if you wanna come over." So I finished my round of Team Fortress 2 and headed over with the thought that this was probably just a couple of dudes sitting around sipping on some bud light.

Not the case.

I get over there and proceed to play a thousand rounds of flipcup with somewhere around a dozen people. We empty the whole damn fridge of beer. We had backup beer and went through all that as well. Proctor showed up late out of the blue and we proceeded to win a couple of games of beer pong when I was in "smashed" mode. We pwn everyone at that game.

Saturday I spent the first half of the day hungover and/or playing more video games. I had no motivation to get anything done to be honest. I still did my gym workout (which is kicking my ass right now). My legs hurt in a way that I haven't felt since freshman year of high school when I played football. As for the latter half of the day, I went to see Semi-Pro with some friends. It was good, but not as good as Anchorman.

I then went over to the Lindsay abode to check up on the guitar hero crew. You guys should really center the game around beer pong/flipcup/drinking games of any sort. But I suppose if everyone likes guitar hero that much then it's ok. After that I went to Josh's for some pre-drinkage. I must say that Josh has the cutest baby beagle I've ever seen.

Then onward to the Electric Cowboy.

That place was packed. A few vodka shots and beers later I'm on the dance floor with assorted females.

The most curious bit was when I went to get a beer and got literally blocked off by some chick who then asked me to dance with her friend (who was obviously shy and blushed).
There are a few things that are wrong with this situation.
1.) If you're going to ask some random guy to dance with your friend, you'd better be somewhat attractive yourself. It's the power of reference. If a hot chick asks me to do something then I'm going to more prone to doing so than if some south-end redneck with a bad attitude asks me.
2.) I loathe the grinding associated with modern dancing. I'll still do it, provided I'm drunk. Conversely, I love to slow-dance, and I'd probably do that with almost anyone who asks me.
3.) You're preventing me from getting a beer by standing in my way. Time is ticking, and I could be dead sober at any moment. Make haste.

Needless to say, I just said "I'm sorry", smiled and walked around her. I felt a little bad, flattered and perplexed at the same time. I should have made some excuse like, "My girlfriend is waiting for me." but I was caught flat on my feet and I'm not a very good liar.

Such is life.

Hodge Out

No comments: