Thursday, May 1, 2008

Derby Madness

It's that time of year again.

That time of year when I'm forced to hang out with my family for a few hours and watch horse races in a sober and somber state. This year I have the option of actually going to the Derby...but that would be madness. The Derby in-field has a reputation for being full of crazies who drink into the point of oblivion. This sounds like the crowd I usually hang out with, but since there will be old redneck drunks I'm sure the crowd will be less savory than I'd like. It's also incredibly expensive. As in, $50 to get in and $5 per beer. That money could be better spent getting me wildly (and much more safely) intoxicated at any local establishment. In fact, I may do so unless a better plan arises.

Cheers from the land of horses,

Le Hodge

No comments: