Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Life Goes On

The post-college realization is starting to seep into my mind and I must admit that it's not as pleasing as I would have liked. I haven't "officially" graduated since I have 3 summer classes left. But I'm a mere 2 months from academic freedom.

Just thinking about the last 4 years of my life is bitter-sweet. I would gladly redo them all over again, but a time-machine is not available it seems. Thousands of memories are recalled in the blink of an eye and flood my senses as if a giant wave crashes upon the shore of the here and now. I've met thousands of people, been to hundreds of houses for parties, stayed up late doing projects that should have been done weeks in advance, loved and lost, burned and been burned, recoiled from opportunities and taken wild chances.

What have I really learned from all these experiences? A general understanding of the business world? Yes. What do I want out of life? Not really. What makes me happy? Somewhat.

I have a nagging feeling that sitting at a desk from 9 to 5 for the rest of my life wouldn't bring much satisfaction. This has already been discussed with Max who will likely start his own international photography magazine and might want to include me as a partner. I suppose that what I truly want is a career that allows me to change the world and to do something that allows me to find inner-peace. As for what that is...we shall find out in good time.

And now for some lyrics that relate oh so well.
--- Favorite lyrics of the day ---
Memories are bittersweet
The good times we can't repeat
Those days are gone and we can never get them back

Now we must move ahead (woah-oh)
Despite our fear and dread (woah-oh)
We're all just wishing we could stop,
but Life goes on

Come of age
Can't hold on
Turn the page
Time rolls on

Wipe your eyes
Yesterday laughs
Tomorrow cries
- "Can't Repeat" - The Offspring

---

Hodge Out

No comments: