Friday, February 15, 2008

Another Friday - Office Introductions

Another Friday and not too much to report. I've decided to introduce a few more characters to you from my office, for no other reason than boredom.

1.) Gay 45 year old guy - I wish you wouldn't look at me with those hungry eyes the way that you do. It reads very plainly and the way that you stare makes me a bit uncomfortable. Nice guy though. Please stop running past my desk to go to the printer. We all know that you can't have that much stuff to print.

2.) The local office wanderer who no one really likes but comes and talks to the guy in the office next to me anyway - You insist on using sports as a way to start a conversation. It has become blaringly obvious that the guy in the office next to me doesn't really like you and has things to do. You wander over every hour or two and look like a lost puppy when he isn't there. Surely there are people to talk to in your office section who don't hate you.

3.) The guy who always smiles and then asks me to do him some kind of favor like scanning some product displays - I don't mind this guy. Actually kind of nice. Would be better if I didn't have to perform any kind of work though.

4.) Chick with glasses who wears way too much perfume - I choke everytime you wander past my desk. It doesn't hit me at first, but once you're about 20 feet behind me I suddenly can't breathe. One spray, maybe two, but not fifteen please. She always has a smile on her face. It can be eerie sometimes, but at least she's kind.

These introductions may seem a bit negative, but most of the people in my office are quite cordial. It's these specific quirks that I remember them by.

Hodge Out

No comments: