Friday, January 11, 2008

Basketball Is Our Religion

I'm pretty much over that cold now. I feel a bit tired from the fight but my cough has disappeared and I'm very much awake and ready to party.

Rant: It always sickens me when the front page of the CNN website hosts a story about some missing girl or tragic death of a white person. Being of the white variety of humans myself some may think this odd, but I think there are more pressing matters than the loss of a single human being. Surely hundreds of people are being killed or some major political struggle is at hand that deserves media coverage. This is an issue I plan on bitching about today.

Classes have begun but I think I'm lucky considering the limited selection of professors I had to choose from. I have a crazy Indian professor that I've had before (and knew to be terrible) for my market research course. He rants about trivial issues as a means to strike terror into his students and thus elevate our level of attention. The other 4 professors appear to be easy-going and recognize that their courses stand in the way of us and our diplomas. Luckily, the professor in my late thursday night class is a big basketball fan and has already said he will cut a few sessions short so we can watch the games.
Basketball is the common religion of the Kentucky populace.

Hodge Out

No comments: