Friday, January 4, 2008

Office Intrigue

'Tis funny to watch the drama of the people in this near-endless hall of offices. The hall itself stretches a good 1/8 of a mile long and hosts dozens of (what I assume) are well-paid merchandising and pricing managers.

A continuous battle rages as merchandising teams try to sell as much as they can and make calls to managers "in the field" to do so. Pricing managers (whom I work for) are concerned with bottom-line profit and are always trying to raise or keep pricing the same. The war lies in the desires of "merchies" to sell more (by lowering prices) and the efforts of pricing managers to keep the prices elevated. Merchies and pricing managers smile in each other's presence, but as soon as the merchies get back to their own offices I can hear a litany of curses and profanity. I'm certain that few of them know that I work for the pricing team or else they wouldn't be be using such language.

Amusing, to be sure.

I can't wait till I have my own office to use as a dumping ground for curses against my fellow colleagues.

Cheers,
Le Hodge

No comments: