Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new year, a new dawn

New Years went as one could expect, going from party to party and taking vodka shots in the company of friends. Started off at Ryan's for some low-key chatter and moved on to Collin/Hassan's to bring in the New Year with beer pong and the like. Ended up at Nikolai's for some Grey Goose and then a trip to Steak 'n Shake at 4 am. I would hate to be working on New Years at 4 am, I feel for those guys.

Lesson learned:
- 90% of dark liquors taste terrible, even those trumpeted by rappers. Evan and I both bought some cognac, with the idea that at least one of them would taste ok. Wrong. I was very unimpressed by Hennessy, which by all advertised means should taste like the nectar of the gods. So it goes. I'll just stick to Disaronno for sipping purposes I suppose.

New Years Resolution:
- I resolve to find a resolution. I don't think I've ever had a "serious" resolution, or at least one that I could possible keep. Why start now?

Tangent:
I need to stop going into book stores. I end up buying books that I don't make time to read and they end up on my table or in my bookshelf.
I'm currently attempting to read a few books at the moment:
"Audacity of Hope" - Barack Obama
"Knife of Dreams" - Robert Jordan
"I Am America" - Stephen Colbert
"Autobiography of Thomas Jefferson" - TJ

Current Addiction:
"Call of Duty 4" - The online achievements make this game very addictive. The only things I don't like are the lack of microphone usage and squad play. Everyone does their own thing rather than coordinating their efforts like with the Battlefield and Day of Defeat series.

Everyone is back at the office today. I wish they would sit down and stop wishing each other a happy new year. Get back to work slaves. Speaking of which, I need to do something productive.

Hodge Out

No comments: