Friday, January 18, 2008

Let's go where the raptor goes...

Friday, how I missed you. Oddly enough I haven't heard of any sexy parties or forays to bars as of yet. I wonder how the nights will be spent. Sitting at home on a weekend night never works for me. Watching movies and playing Call of Duty 4 will only take me so far before I get bored and antsy. I'll sit still when I'm old and grey.

Tangent:
I was riding the bus from the stadium to my first class yesterday when I saw one of those semis all tore up by that underpass on Eastern Parkway. During my tenure at Manual and UL I've probably seen half a dozen semis try to go under that thing only to shear off the top of their semi and then cause a major traffic conundrum. Do they not grasp the laws of physics? I wish I had my camera so I could have taken pictures of the damage.

Tangent:
It's amazing how Bad Religion manages to incorporate such an extensive vocabulary into their songs. You would think that it would be impossible to use some of the words they use in songs with any measure of rhythm. This song is stuck in my head ("Beyond Electric Dreams") so I thought I'd share some lyrics.

"Let's go where the raptor goes,
To the mountain in a cosmic glow,
We'll have a genuine terrestrial show, on a mountain - on a mountain
Let's scan the horizon clean for any trace of human schemes
And try to touch upon immortal themes on a mountain - on a mountain"


I hope the weekend treats you all well,
Hodge Out

No comments: