Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Daily Visitors

Everyday at the office I see the same people performing their daily routines. I thought I might list them for no particular reason.

9 am - The mexican janitor comes by the hall and goes room to room. Almost every person greets her and they have a polite conversation, although the talk is always light and simple due to her lack of vocabulary. Sometimes she sings mexican folk songs in the hallway, although never very loudly.

2 pm - A lady (I have yet to procure her name) goes door to door with a dish of candy. Evidently she uses free candy as an excuse to gossip with her office neighbors. Nice.

2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - The secretary about 20 feet away from my desk begins her daily personal calls to whomever will listen. She's one of those women who complain constantly and abuse the company phone bill. At the moment she has half a dozen personal dramas that I'm aware of. If I try hard enough and put my earphones on I can block out her whining.

All throughout the day - Guy from 2 offices down goes and picks up some pages from the printer. How many separate trips does one really need to take in order to get the required papers? Back and forth, back and forth...you're either trying to do some cardio to get your heart rate up or you're unable to multitask. Really I just don't like you buzzing my desk in your haste and sending my papers all over the place. I think I'll start calling you "Maverick".

Time to go to class,
Hodge Out

No comments: