Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve Tribulations

It's that time of year again where people reflect upon the year and drink extraneous amounts of alcohol promptly before, during and after making ill-advised decisions. Theoretically this should be my favorite holiday, seeing as how it's the one day of the year when nearly everyone is partying in some form and alcohol is involved. The past two were not so much fun. Two years ago I got too drunk, too quickly. Last year I was dead sober and ended up taking care of people. So...this year I plan to be somewhere between the two extremes.

The problem with picking a New Years destination is that there are a myriad of parties to attend but only so much time to spend. There are more than half a dozen parties that I've been invited to, but once I drink I'm stuck in one place (don't drink and drive kids, you'll die). I'm still not sure where I'll end up going tonight but I do know that Evan and I will be alcohol-shopping after I leave the dead zone (work).

Maybe I'll find someone to kiss at midnight. Someone that isn't a man, a dog or an 800 pound sumo-wrestler. I'm not an optimist, but I'm too damn stubborn to be a cynic.

Hodge Out

No comments: