Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finally, a decent music source...until it gets squashed

Once again I was browsing Lifehacker this morning and stumbled upon an excellent source of new music. More importantly, my office hasn't blocked the site...yet. They seem to hate streaming music, but this site is new. (http://www.thesixtyone.com) I'm sure they'll find it if it gets popular enough. In any case, it has several genres of music and you can "bump" music if you like it. Lots of non-mainstream content of up-and-coming artists. The cool thing is, if you bump it (and bet points) while it's new and more people bump it then you get points and level-ups. Dunno what you can do with these points at this point but it's a neat idea. You would like this site DL/Marco, lots of electronica and mixes.

Beyond that, today is the last day of the semester. I have to turn in my management operations take-home final (which is only 85% done right now) and then I'm relatively free (besides work). I've decided to collect all my philosophical ramblings that I made in class when bored as well as past blog entries in a binder. Maybe I'll be famous one day (like Benjamin Franklin, who wrote a ton of letters as I now know) and someone will actually want to have an idea of what I was thinking at the time. More likely, I'll look back in a few years and observe the evolution of my own mind as I got older.

Projects for winter break:
- Design a website
- Make my next music video power hour
- Downlaod as many videos as possible and make a bigger pirate collection
- Play lots and lots of Halflife 2 mods. That means you Day of Defeat.
- Do a winter nature photography shoot

Time to flee. There's work to be done. Le sigh.
Hodge Out

No comments: