Monday, December 10, 2007

My Own Domain

So I just read an article on lifehacker and I didn't realize how cheap it can be to buy your own domain name. Like, $5.99 cheap for a .com site. This brings up two questions:

1) What would I put on a website if I had one?
2) What domain name would I buy?

Content...I could host some files like pictures, videos and such for when I'm not at home. But beyond that I'm not sure what kind of content I'd be able to provide. It could be my primary blogging site and so forth...ideas?

As for the domain name, I'm thinking about switching screen names again. Something to do with "entropy" perhaps? I love that word.

Entropy - "Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society"

If it rhymes then all the better. I need to ask Deale about web design and hosting, I'm sure he knows more about it than I do at this point. There are a couple sites that host web files for free I'm sure.

Musing as always,
Hodge Out

3 comments:

Houston said...

yes. it really depends on what you want to do, #1. I'll help ya iffin you want it.

LifeTourist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diet Coke and a Side of Fries said...

for 5.99, you get a bunch!