Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Our opinions are not in our power..."

I might try to do some music editing/remixing at some point this week/weekend. Just asked Marco for some resource suggestions...I suppose I'll just google and torrent the needed files when I get home. Listening to thesixtyone at work makes me want to give it a try.

I was reading the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin during lunch and came across an interesting statement he wrote when discussing his son who joined the Loyalists during the American Revolution, "We are men, all subject to errors. Our opinions are not in our power, they are form'd and govern'd much by circumstances that are often as inexplicable as they are irresistable." This could be applied to any number of issues including religion and political stances. I'm quite impressed with Franklin's wit, but I was unaware that he tried very hard to keep the peace between America and Britain for so long, right up to ~1775. That is, until Britain insulted the Americans a couple of times and burned and pillaged a few small towns.

I'm going to try my best to do some photography this weekend as well. If I get some good shots I'll post them as needed.

Hodge Out

No comments: