Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Loot and Booty

Christmas (for my family) can generally be summed up in 3 words: food, family and loot. Religion really isn't in the equation. No one in my family is all that religious except for my dear Baptist grandmother. She was the stereotypical grandma who gave me a book at high school graduation entitled, "Bible Quotations for College Students" at which point I gave a fake smile and thanked her. My father (like his father before him) never spoke of religion and I believe them both to be agnostics or possibly deists. This is getting beyond the point...Christmas...yeah...

Beyond the usual chatter and consumption, I generally receive quite an impressive array of loot. This year's list goes as follows:
- 320 gb external hard drive - Needed for the ridiculous amount of music/videos/photos and whatever else I have stored these days.
- Canon SD1000 camera - I love these little SD series cameras. The odds are 3/5 that I'll drop this camera in the next month, it's a slick mofo.
- "The Office" calendar
- Disaronno with a glass set - my Mother wishes for me to become either an alcoholic or a full-blooded Catholic
- "I Am America And So Can You" - Stephen Colbert
- Various shirts and gift cards/cash

I really didn't "need" or "want" much this year. With my new job I've been able to buy all the tech trinkets that I had desired up till now. Meaning the $1000 computer (worthwhile) and the DSLR camera that I really shouldn't have bought considering how little I use it.

The only thing I didn't get was a big 'ole smooch and some brandy. With New Years coming up I'm sure lady luck will swing my way eventually.

Hodge Out

No comments: