Wednesday, December 5, 2007

New Beginnings

I have no idea why I would start another blog but the design looks neat and I may use this account for a purpose. Maybe a place to start posting videos/pics? I don't really know at this point. So it goes.

I've actually been busy at work today, very unlike the usual pace. The other co-op is departing GE on Friday so I'm getting his entire workload. Joy. I never realized how many tasks he was actually responsible for, but I'll make do, especially considering I was actually bored with my job before this. Now I get to track an endless array of price repositions and such.

Tonight I'll be going out to a chica's 21st birthday party across town. I'm sure I'll hate myself at 6 am when I have to go to work. Such is life, and I need not remind you that we only live once. In fact, that has become one of my mantras or codes to live by. It has become obvious that we can die at any moment, and that most of us do not take as many chances as we should. Even so, I tend to be fairly reserved in social situations and I'll never be the guy that go infiltrate a flock of girls and pick up numbers. I read somewhere that you're more likely to meet the person you marry through your profession or school anyway. So it goes.

It seems as if I become more pessimistic the longer I am out of a relationship. My mind wanders and I try to figure out why this is the case. What do we get out of a relationship the makes us complacent? If I were to reference Maslow I would say it's the feelings of worth, social acceptance and sex that contribute to our overall mental health. I feel that Maslow was missing something though, seeing as how humans don't jump at the chance to get into a relationship with any person that comes along the way. It's not like I haven't had a shot with a certain number of people, but if a person only seems like an "option" then I find that this person probably isn't the one you're looking for (Queue Ben Kenobi voice). It's when you feel a "need" or an unpassing desire to date someone that such roads should be taken. Or perhaps we should take a lot of chances since our life-partner may not be apparent? The questions are endless.

I'd better stop before I exhaust an entire week's worth of content. If enough people read this I may continue. Perhaps this will be a place for my ramblings...

Hodge Out

2 comments:

Diet Coke and a Side of Fries said...

I officially e-love you. Thanks for leaving me a comment!!! You are my first.

The Hodge said...

"You are my first."

That's what she said.

I love The Office, lolz.